Application for On-campus Housing Exemption


A University of Louisiana System policy requires that all unmarried, full-time undergraduate students regardless of age or emancipation status, live in campus residence halls as long as space is available.  This policy further states that in the event a college or university under the Board of Trustees cannot provide adequate housing for students in this category, they may exempt from this policy. 

Please choose the relevant exemption(s) listed below. You are required to provide any supporting documentation with your housing application to The Office of Student Housing 2000 Lakeshore Drive Pontchartrain Hall, Room 128 New Orleans, LA 70148.

(Provide a copy of the marriage license or birth certificate)

(Attach a letter explaining circumstances.  For US residents and citizens, FAFSA must be filed with UNO if you select this reason.)

(Attach doctor’s note.)

 (Attach detailed letter explaining circumstances.)

 (Requires letter from professor/department.)

If a student receives a University Housing Scholarship, it must be used in a University owned housing facility.

By submitting this form, I fully understand that this exemption, if granted, is:
(a) for the time specified only and that I must reapply after this period of time has expired and
(b) for the reason given only and that I must reapply if the reason changes.

Also, I understand that any falsification on this application subjects me to appearance before the discipline committee.

(.pdf, .doc, .docx, .jpg, .txt file formats ONLY.)
Note: This form allows only one file to be attached. If you have multiple files, please merge them into single file before uploading. Also, please do not submit multiple forms as this could delay the exemption process.