Independent Verification Worksheet
Your application was selected for review in a process called “Verification.” In this process, your school will be comparing information from your application with signed copies of your (and your spouse’s, if you are married) 2013 Federal tax forms, and with W-2 forms or other financial documents. The law says we have the right to ask you for this information before awarding Federal aid. If there are differences between your application information and your financial documents, you or your school may need to make corrections electronically or by using your Student Aid Report (SAR).
Complete this verification form and submit it to your financial aid administrator as soon as possible, so that your financial aid won’t be delayed. Your financial aid administrator will help you.
What you should do
1. Collect your (and your spouse’s) financial documents (signed Federal Income tax forms, W-2 forms, etc.).
2. Talk to your financial aid administrator if you have questions about completing this worksheet.
3. Complete and sign the worksheet(s).
4. Submit the completed worksheet, tax forms, and any other documents your school requests to your financial aid administrator.
5. Your financial aid administrator will compare information on this worksheet and any supporting documents with the information you submitted on your application. You or your school may need to make corrections electronically or by using your SAR.