Dependent Verification Worksheet
Your application was selected for review in a process called “Verification.” In this process, the university will be comparing information from your application with signed copies of you and your parent(s)’ 2013 Federal Income Tax Forms, W-2 form(s), and other financial documents. The law says we have the right to ask you for this information before awarding Federal Aid. If there are differences between your application information and your financial documents, you or the university may need to make corrections electronically or by using your Student Aid Report (SAR).
Complete this verification form and submit it to your financial aid administrator as soon as possible, so that your financial aid won’t be delayed. Your financial aid administrator will assist you.
What you should do
1. Collect you and your parent(s)’ financial documents (signed Federal income tax forms, W-2 forms, etc.).
2. Talk to your financial aid administrator if you have questions about completing this worksheet.
3. Complete and sign the worksheet(s)—you and at least one parent.
4. Submit the completed worksheet, tax forms, and any other documents your school requests to your financial aid administrator.
5. Your financial aid administrator will compare information on this worksheet and any supporting documents with the information you submitted on your application. You or your school may need to make corrections electronically or by using your SAR.